directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Moving txns boundaries into the DefaultCoreSession class : heads-up
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2011 09:36:19 GMT
Hi guys,

so, as suggested by Selcuk yesterday, I'm moving the txns handing into
the DefaultCoreSession class. That impacts the LDAP handlers, as I had
to remove the beginTxn/commitTxns/abortTxns from those classes, plus
move the logic inside the DefaultCoreSession class.

I have started doing so with Add/Delete/Exists/Lookup code, and so far,
it seems to be ok. Although until all the other operations have been
procesed (ie lookup, search, modify, etc) I will have more errors than
previoulsy, just because if all the operations aren't protected by txns,
there are side effects.

For instance, I tried to move the add and delete txns boundaries only,
but I got some tests failure because those tests were doing some
lookup() and exists() which weren't protected by txns. Funny enough, the
tests were passing when I was debugging them, due to some delay I
introduced simply by being slow when stepping through the code, but were
wailing when I ran the test without break point.

Anyway, I will continue today and will provide some heads-up.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,