directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: Accessing SchemaPartition and SingleFileLdifPartition directly
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2011 09:00:08 GMT
On 12/4/11 8:23 PM, Göktürk Gezer wrote:
> BTW,
> If passing null as CoreSession is ok on AbstractBTreePartition(Schema and
> Config Partitions.) operations, i might use some pointers about how to use
> them best.
> Pointers on SearchEngine usage could save me lots of hours also.

 From the top of my head, you need a CoreSession because you need a
reference on the SchemaManager which is hold by the Session (in fact, we
use an OperationContext, which contains a Session).

The Partition will manipulate indexes, and for that, we need the
SchemaManager, as it is the only place we have information about
AttributeType names and OIDs, as Index are referring AT names or OID.

Now, you should not need the DirectoryService instance to query the

I have to check what could happen if you pass a null value as the
CoreSession for this partition...

Emmanuel Lécharny

View raw message