directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: We may need to add a hasChildren() method in the Partition interface
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 09:28:08 GMT
On 12/2/11 10:14 AM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> +1
>
> Definitely a good utility method to have.
>
> But I feel that the verification that the entry is a leaf and does not have any children,
in the case of a delete operation, should be done by a higher level interceptor (or class).
> I'm not sure this scenario should be verified on each partition type but that a higher
class (DirectoryService maybe) should take the responsibility to ask the underlying partition
if the entry is a leaf and then ask it to delete the entry.

This is what was done before, but using a search request, which was
costly. If we have a hasChildren(Dn) on the Interceptor interface too,
then it would be possible.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,