directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Partition.bind : do we need it ?
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 10:08:30 GMT
Hi guys,

following the last mails from Jason, it seems that having a bind()
method in the Partition interface is a bt misleading. We most certainly
don't need it, and currently, it does nothing. Moreover, the
authenticationInterceptor does *not* call next.bind(), so there is no
way the bind operation can percolate through the chain to the Partition.

We discussed about this with Pierre Arnaud this morning, and I removed
the method from the Partitio interface, t has no impact on the code so
far (it's an experiment, I haven't committed anything yet).

So do you think we can get rid of the bind() method in the Partition
interface ?

Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message