directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When will the bind() method of the AbstractPartition be invoked
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 08:41:52 GMT
On 12/1/11 7:25 AM, 陈荣俊 wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am now building my own LDAP server with ApacheDS 2.0.0-M3's server api by extending
the AbstractPartition. I can successfully implement the list/search functionality and am now
working on the bindings. But I do not notice the bind() method is invoked when I use a LDAP
client to connect. And I also try to add my own interceptor into the interceptors. But the
interceptor's bind() method is not invoked as well. So can you help explain how can I implement
the bind() mechanism.
The bin() method has no mean to be executed in any interceptor, except
the first two (Normalization and Authentication).

Keep in mind that a Bind operation is meant to authenticate a user, and
it does not need to be processed by the partition, which has nothing to
do with who is doing the operation. What a bind does is that it checks
that the users/credentials are known either locally, or delegating this
check to an external system. All of this is handled by the Authenticator
instances.

If you want to 'trap' any bind request (like for instance to do some
auditing), then inject your interceptor *before* the Authentication
inetrceptor.

Hope it helps.

--
Regards,