directory-dev mailing list archives

From 陈荣俊 <jasonc...@mailtech.cn>
Subject When will the bind() method of the AbstractPartition be invoked
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2011 06:25:49 GMT
Hi there,

I am now building my own LDAP server with ApacheDS 2.0.0-M3's server api by extending the
AbstractPartition. I can successfully implement the list/search functionality and am now working
on the bindings. But I do not notice the bind() method is invoked when I use a LDAP client
to connect. And I also try to add my own interceptor into the interceptors. But the interceptor's
bind() method is not invoked as well. So can you help explain how can I implement the bind()
mechanism.

Below is the code for starting the server and add my own partition into server.
    public static void startLdapServer(String instancePath) throws Exception {
        // Creating ApacheDS service
        ApacheDsService service = new ApacheDsService();

        // Creating instance layouts from the argument
        InstanceLayout instanceLayout = new InstanceLayout(instancePath);

        // Initializing the service
        try {
            service.start(instanceLayout);
        } catch (Exception e) {
            LOG.error("Failed to start the service.", e);
            System.exit(1);
        }

        com.tebie.cmx.App app = com.tebie.cmapp.ajxvr.TestBase.getServlet().getApplication();
        // com.tebie.cmx.App app = com.tebie.cmx.CM.createAppByProgram("ldap-server");

        CoremailProviderPartition partition = new CoremailProviderPartition(app);
        partition.setSchemaManager(service.getDirectoryService().getSchemaManager());
        partition.initialize();

        service.getDirectoryService().addPartition(partition);
    }

Looking forward to your reply

Thanks
Jason