On Nov 8, 2011 8:43 PM, "Christoph Czurda" <hasnoadditives@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I would like to know about the status of ApacheDS and OSGi. I saw that there is a dedicated branch on SVN and I read that some parts of the server are now OSGi compliant.

Yes, we are working heavily on moving ApacheDS to OSGI. However it is not fully functional in any container for now.

> Does the server already run in a container, eg. Karaf? If so, how does it work? How can I deploy it?

It can work on Karaf, but still need lots of work. We don't just want it to work on OSGI, we also want it to be fully extendible. So, we're changing the codebase to make it fit on OSGI model both as logic and code. Once we're done, you will see the custom karaf container as a part of the ApacheDS build.

> Thank you,
> Kind regards,
> Christoph Czurda

Thanks for your interest.