directory-dev mailing list archives

From Selcuk AYA <ayasel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TXN work update
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 09:10:39 GMT
On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 10:52 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/2/11 9:12 AM, Selcuk AYA wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> a few points and questions:
>> *I am planning to use a common ID for all partitions. I checked Hbase
>> partition and it uses UUID as the ID. Is it ok to use this for all
>> partitions?
>
> Yes. This should have been done a long time ago.
>>
>> *It seems that I need to move txn and log package implementations to
>> core-shared because of the recent reorg. Coresession and nexus
>> implementation is moved there and interceptors might need these
>> packages.
>
> Yep. We haven't yet merged core-shared with core, but atm, core-shared is
> the place to put new classes.
>>
>> * When preparing txn log edits, I will need to log Modification and
>> Attribute objects and keep them in memory for a while. Is it necessary
>> to clone these objects while doing the logging at partition nexus
>> level? In other words, will they be modified after reaching nexus
>> level. I am thinking no but I wanted to check because I looked at
>> changelog implementation and it does cloning.
>
> Once at the nexus level, the elements won't be modified.
> The ChangeLog stores (currently) data in memory, and those data are kept for
> a while, so cross transactions. This is the reason why we clone the entry
> and Attributes.

with transactions, the attributes and modifications will be kept in
memory cross transactions as well. But my understanding( and the thing
I wanted to verify) is that Attributes, their Values and Modification
objects should not change any more once they are at the Nexus level as
these objects created per modification request and they are ready to
be applied to  Entry objects.