directory-dev mailing list archives

From Göktürk Gezer <gokt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheDS in OSGi
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 19:00:04 GMT
On Nov 8, 2011 8:43 PM, "Christoph Czurda" <hasnoadditives@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I would like to know about the status of ApacheDS and OSGi. I saw that
there is a dedicated branch on SVN and I read that some parts of the server
are now OSGi compliant.

Yes, we are working heavily on moving ApacheDS to OSGI. However it is not
fully functional in any container for now.

> Does the server already run in a container, eg. Karaf? If so, how does it
work? How can I deploy it?

It can work on Karaf, but still need lots of work. We don't just want it to
work on OSGI, we also want it to be fully extendible. So, we're changing
the codebase to make it fit on OSGI model both as logic and code. Once
we're done, you will see the custom karaf container as a part of the
ApacheDS build.

> Thank you,
> Kind regards,
> Christoph Czurda