directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Last operation to remove from the Interceptorchain : Search, continued
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2011 18:41:45 GMT
It'es easierbecauseyou don't have tostepinto the Element classwhen
transiting fromone interceptorto another one:it's onbe stepless than
usually.It's also easier because you don't have tostepthrough
uselessinterceptors when they don't implement the method.

Just test it, you'llseeimmediately how better it is.

One more advantage : you *know* which interceptorsyou willgothrough, as
it's stored into the OpContextas a list.

Th ebeauty is that we haven't lost any feature we had : you can still add a
new interceptoron the fly (orremove one),the new incoming operations will
see the newly added(or removed) interceptor. Of course, it's protected by
read/write locks, so there is no chance (well,I hope) that the list gets FU
by twoconcurrent threads.

The next stepwill be to identify Interceptors by a name,not by the class
name.This is the next step, but we already have the Map<String,Interceptor>
in place for that.In fact, I think it's already ready :)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,