directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <>
Subject [ApacheDS]making interceptor chain stateless
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2011 20:12:45 GMT
Hi Dev,

    Currently the interceptor chain heavily depends on the current
operation context stored in the InvocationStack as a
    threadlocal variable, but this poses a problem for transaction
handling (if we use threadlocal transactions then
    two different requests might get processed by the same thread
leading to using the same transaction)

    Earlier we had one big hurdle in the form of chain re-entry to
achieve this, but now we have almost got that removed
    (there are still some more (<4) but will remove them in the coming days)

    I would like to make the interceptor chain completely stateless by
avoiding the use of InvocationStack, so that
    we can inject a transaction handle directly into the OperationContext.

    P.S:- To start with I have changed the static getPrincipal()
method present in BaseInterceptor and got all the tests passing
             haven't committed yet.

Kiran Ayyagari

View raw message