directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Dependencies cleaning
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:40:57 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

On 21 nov. 2011, at 13:18, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> On 11/18/11 6:15 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> While trying to fix the issue we have with Studio in the OSGI branch, I closely looked
at the dependencies in ApacheDS and… it's a mess…

>> I've run the 'mvn dependency:analyze' command and it shows a lot of projects have
'unused declared' dependencies, and a smaller number have 'used undeclared' dependencies.

>> I'm going to try to clean this (on trunk first and merge it then to the OSGI branch)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Pierre-Arnaud
> I'm pretty sure that most of the warnings are totally wrong. Look at the shared-i18n
warnings :

Sure, I also saw that...

> [INFO] Building Apache Directory Shared I18n 1.0.0-M9-SNAPSHOT
> [INFO]
> [INFO] >>> maven-dependency-plugin:2.2:analyze (default-cli) @ shared-i18n >>>
> [INFO]
> [INFO] --- maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.2:process (default) @ shared-i18n ---
> [INFO]
> [INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.5:resources (default-resources) @ shared-i18n ---
> [debug] execute contextualize
> [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
> [INFO] Copying 2 resources
> [INFO] Copying 3 resources
> [INFO]
> [INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile (default-compile) @ shared-i18n ---
> [INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
> [INFO]
> [INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.5:testResources (default-testResources) @ shared-i18n
---
> [debug] execute contextualize
> [INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
> [INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory /Users/elecharny/apacheds/trunks/shared/i18n/src/test/resources
> [INFO] Copying 3 resources
> [INFO]
> [INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:testCompile (default-testCompile) @ shared-i18n
---
> [INFO] No sources to compile
> [INFO]
> [INFO] <<< maven-dependency-plugin:2.2:analyze (default-cli) @ shared-i18n <<<
> [INFO]
> [INFO] --- maven-dependency-plugin:2.2:analyze (default-cli) @ shared-i18n ---
> [WARNING] Unused declared dependencies found:
> [WARNING]    findbugs:annotations:jar:1.0.0:provided
> [WARNING]    org.slf4j:slf4j-api:jar:1.6.4:compile
> [WARNING]    org.slf4j:slf4j-log4j12:jar:1.6.4:test
> [WARNING]    junit:junit:jar:4.9:test
>
> i18n does *not* depend on slf4j not junit. Plus when you look at the associated effective
pom, those deps are declared.

These dependencies are inherited from the parent 'apacheds-parent' pom.

> I do think that the dependency:analyze is buggy. I'll investigate this.

It is probably, indeed.

Nevertheless, there are still some cleaning needed in the dependencies.
I'm in the middle of it…
You can expect some commits in the afternoon. ;)

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud