directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AVL cursor problem?
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2011 03:57:27 GMT
On 11/23/11 2:03 PM, Selcuk AYA wrote:
> Hi,
> it seems that AVL cursors are not protected against concurrent
> updates. Is this true or am I missing something?
Kiran ?

> The issue seems to be similar to the JDBM synchronization issues and
> is a blocker for the txn work. We either have to do something similar
> to jdbm or use a read write lock to provide synchronization. Read lock
> in this case would need to be held by a cursor as long as it is open.
ATM, we could add a read/write lock. AVL partition is just used for the
schema partition and the configuration, we don't modify those guys very
frequently, and we don't really care if we have a bit of contention for
it, as the config is mainly read at startup and is not dynamic, and the
schema is loaded into the SchemaManager, unless we modify it.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,