directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Dependencies cleaning
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:18:35 GMT
On 11/18/11 6:15 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> While trying to fix the issue we have with Studio in the OSGI branch, I closely looked
at the dependencies in ApacheDS and… it's a mess…

> I've run the 'mvn dependency:analyze' command and it shows a lot of projects have 'unused
declared' dependencies, and a smaller number have 'used undeclared' dependencies.

> I'm going to try to clean this (on trunk first and merge it then to the OSGI branch)
>
> Regards,
> Pierre-Arnaud
I'm pretty sure that most of the warnings are totally wrong. Look at the
shared-i18n warnings :

[INFO]
[INFO] Building Apache Directory Shared I18n 1.0.0-M9-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] >>> maven-dependency-plugin:2.2:analyze (default-cli) @
shared-i18n >>>
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-remote-resources-plugin:1.2:process (default) @
shared-i18n ---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.5:resources (default-resources) @
shared-i18n ---
[debug] execute contextualize
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] Copying 2 resources
[INFO] Copying 3 resources
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile (default-compile) @
shared-i18n ---
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.5:testResources
(default-testResources) @ shared-i18n ---
[debug] execute contextualize
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] skip non existing resourceDirectory
/Users/elecharny/apacheds/trunks/shared/i18n/src/test/resources
[INFO] Copying 3 resources
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:testCompile (default-testCompile)
@ shared-i18n ---
[INFO] No sources to compile
[INFO]
[INFO] <<< maven-dependency-plugin:2.2:analyze (default-cli) @
shared-i18n <<<
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-dependency-plugin:2.2:analyze (default-cli) @
shared-i18n ---
[WARNING] Unused declared dependencies found:
[WARNING]    findbugs:annotations:jar:1.0.0:provided
[WARNING]    org.slf4j:slf4j-api:jar:1.6.4:compile
[WARNING]    org.slf4j:slf4j-log4j12:jar:1.6.4:test
[WARNING]    junit:junit:jar:4.9:test

i18n does *not* depend on slf4j not junit. Plus when you look at the
associated effective pom, those deps are declared.

I do think that the dependency:analyze is buggy. I'll investigate this.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,