directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Moving the OperationalAttributeInterceptor after the SchemaInterceptor in the chain
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 15:31:54 GMT
Hi,

I think we can safely move the OperationalAttributeInterceptor after the
SchemaInterceptor. This is important if we want to remove the re-entrant
chain call for schema modifications, as we would then be able to
continue the modification without having to go through all the interceptors.

When we try to modify the schema by modifying the subschemaSubentry
entry (ie, cn=schema), we modify the attributes by adding (or removing)
values, like :

injecting ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.65536.0.4.3.2.2 NAME 'templateObject' DESC 'test
OC' SUP top STRUCTURAL MUST ( templateData $ cn ) X-SCHEMA 'other' )
into 'objectClasses'.

What happens then is that we go down the chain up to the
SchemaInterceptor, where we parse the value, and then g through the full
chain with the converted Entry. We can simply continue to process the
entry starting from the SchemaInterceptor instead.

The only little trick is that we may have more than one modification,
but that's not a big deal.

I'm going to try this approach.

--
Regards,