directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Remaining interceptor chain inner-calls
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 11:11:20 GMT
Hi guys,

the last operations that re-enter the chain are associated with the
schema modifications. More specifically, it's when someone modify
cn=schema that we have to re-enter the chain.

Here is an example where someone wants to add a new AT. He has two ways
to do that :
- either inject a LDIF entry, containing a description of the newly
added AT. In this case, we will first update the schema on disk
(ou=schema) then update the registry (cn=schema)
- or he can modify the cn=schema AttributeTypes AT by adding a new value
(using the RFC format). In this case, we parse the description, we
update the registries,and then we translate the description to a plain
Entry, and we now re-enter the chain with this entry to be added or deleted.

Note that in the last case, we may have more than one modification done
in one single request (as it's a ModifyRequest), thus we may re-enter
the chain many times.

At first, I thought we could avoid re-entering the chain, as none of the
interceptors before the SchemaInterceptor are useful when we re-enter
the chain. Except that the OperationalAttributeInterceptor is mandatory,
to add the CreationDate and ModifiersName AT.

That leaves us with no option but to re-enter the chain.

Now, the problem is how to deal with this constraints, knowing that most
of the interceptors are useless, and that the BYPASS we used is now no
more usable...

I have no real solution atm this is way I posted this mail. Any
suggestion is welcomed !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,