directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Interceptors : next steps
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2011 11:05:47 GMT
Hi guys,

after this huge refactoring, I'd like to share the list of remaining
tasks I foresee regarding interceptors :

- currently, the order is enforced in the
DefaultDirectoryService.setDefaultInterceptorConfigurations() method.
This does not sounds good, when the configuration already contains a
specific order. We need to use the configuration read from the DIT here.
- there are 4 places where we call the interceptor chain from within
another interceptor : when dealing with schema modification (I have
posted a mail about it lately). We need to refactor this code.
- we need to implement the two-level interceptors strategy we discussed
with Alex and Göktürk, a strategy that will allow a user to add an
interceptor where he wants, without messing with the mandatory ordered
default interceptors
- we need to add a flag to enable or disable an interceptor at will.
This flag must be checked when transiting from one interceptor to
another one
- it would be a great addition to add a way for an admin to inject an
interceptor into a user's chain (for instance, a logger for debug
purpose). We have to think about this. That could combine the design of
a specific extended operation, plus some protected list of interceptor
manipulation. Not urgent
- last, not list, we have to make the Interceptors OSGi compliant now.

I hope I haven't forgot anything. Feel free to comment !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,