directory-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Czurda <hasnoadditi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS in OSGi
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 23:16:03 GMT
On 11/08/2011 08:00 PM, Göktürk Gezer wrote:

> On Nov 8, 2011 8:43 PM, "Christoph Czurda" <hasnoadditives@gmail.com
> <mailto:hasnoadditives@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > I would like to know about the status of ApacheDS and OSGi. I saw
> that there is a dedicated branch on SVN and I read that some parts of
> the server are now OSGi compliant.
>
> Yes, we are working heavily on moving ApacheDS to OSGI. However it is
> not fully functional in any container for now.
> >
> > Does the server already run in a container, eg. Karaf? If so, how
> does it work? How can I deploy it?
> >
> It can work on Karaf, but still need lots of work. We don't just want
> it to work on OSGI, we also want it to be fully extendible. So, we're
> changing the codebase to make it fit on OSGI model both as logic and
> code. Once we're done, you will see the custom karaf container as a
> part of the ApacheDS build.

So once you're done, starting ApacheDS means starting Karaf with
ApacheDS running inside? This would be great because then ApacheDS can
be run in any Karaf container in any other project.
By 'custom karaf container' you mean that you are going to extend the
karaf shell commands? Or are there other things you want to customize /
extend?

> > Thank you,
> > Kind regards,
> > Christoph Czurda