directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some experiment result about the chain management
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 15:16:07 GMT
On 11/8/11 3:58 PM, Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 4:08 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny<elecharny@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this morning, after a short night of sleep, I was thinking that it could be
>> better to compute the next interceptor into the OperationContext class,
>> where we store the list of interceptors, instead of doing it into the
>> AbstractInterceptor class.
>>
>> thoughts ?
>>
> nothing at the moment, will take a look at the code after committing.

It as a bad idea... The operationContext does not have enough
information to compute the next interceptor, that would lead to the
creation of 14 different methods to do so...

Otherwise, the getRootDse, delete and unbnd methods have been now
successfully migrated, and the list of interceptors are now computed
into the directoryService class, using reflection (we check each
interceptors we have in the DS, discover the ad/delete... methods, and
if the intercepor has such a method, then it is added to the list for
the add/delete/... operation). Works just fine.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,