directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TXN work update
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 08:52:51 GMT
On 11/2/11 9:12 AM, Selcuk AYA wrote:
> Hi,
> a few points and questions:
> *I am planning to use a common ID for all partitions. I checked Hbase
> partition and it uses UUID as the ID. Is it ok to use this for all
> partitions?

Yes. This should have been done a long time ago.

> *It seems that I need to move txn and log package implementations to
> core-shared because of the recent reorg. Coresession and nexus
> implementation is moved there and interceptors might need these
> packages.
Yep. We haven't yet merged core-shared with core, but atm, core-shared
is the place to put new classes.

> * When preparing txn log edits, I will need to log Modification and
> Attribute objects and keep them in memory for a while. Is it necessary
> to clone these objects while doing the logging at partition nexus
> level? In other words, will they be modified after reaching nexus
> level. I am thinking no but I wanted to check because I looked at
> changelog implementation and it does cloning.
Once at the nexus level, the elements won't be modified.
The ChangeLog stores (currently) data in memory, and those data are kept
for a while, so cross transactions. This is the reason why we clone the
entry and Attributes.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,