directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: TXN work update
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2011 10:48:22 GMT
On 4 nov. 2011, at 10:24, Alex Karasulu wrote:

> I vote for the second option and to get rid of Generics on these interfaces. Why?
>
> (1) We need to go to UUIDs since we will soon be living in a replicated world and there's
no point to a partition specific id.
> (2) We can still do (1) with a Long but why bother?
> (3) Using a UUID as the PK for entries gets rid of the need for the UUID index since
the master automatically becomes the UUID index.
> (4) Generics have made everything way too complex in this region of the code and I do
not foresee a need to use anything else at this point in time. If the need arises we can consider
it after everything is working ... a simple maneuver/re-factoring.

+1

Although I like Generics a lot, it makes probably more sense to avoid them here in this particular
context.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud