On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 10:55 PM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 9:02 PM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Göktürk Gezer <gokturk.gezer@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I attached a patch that solves these package conflicts. But i'm still unsure about working on trunk.Package renamings are something hard to describe as diff. Right now, this diff zeroes the old package contents, add new ones and modify other parts of code to use new packages. i can also create a script to make your local copy consistent after patch, and then you can commit like that. So, guide me to the correct way of doing it.

Here is a change list:

/org/apache/directory/server ./apacheds/http-directory-bridge
-> changed to /org/apache/directory/server/bridge/http

done

/org/apache/directory/server ./apacheds/service

/org/apache/directory/server ./apacheds/wrapper -> /org/apache/directory/server/wrapper
-> changed as suggested

done
also changed reference to ApacheDsTanukiWrapper in installers-maven-plugin/src/main/resources/org/apache/directory/server/installers/wrapper-installation.conf

/org/apache/directory/server/config ./apacheds/server-config
/org/apache/directory/server/config ./apacheds/service-builder -> /org/apache/directory/server/config/builder

done

I committed the previous changes. The next changes are a bit more tricky as those guys are also used in Studio.

/org/apache/directory/server/core ./apacheds/core
/org/apache/directory/server/core ./apacheds/core-api -> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api

done
Made CacheService constructor public. Should this class be moved to apacheds-core?

/org/apache/directory/server/core/changelog ./apacheds/core
/org/apache/directory/server/core/changelog ./apacheds/core-api -> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/changelog

done

/org/apache/directory/server/core/event ./apacheds/core
/org/apache/directory/server/core/event ./apacheds/core-api -> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/event

done
Made RegistrationEntry constructor and method public.

/org/apache/directory/server/core/interceptor ./apacheds/core
/org/apache/directory/server/core/interceptor ./apacheds/core-api -> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/interceptor

done, including interceptor.context package

/org/apache/directory/server/core/journal ./apacheds/core
/org/apache/directory/server/core/journal ./apacheds/core-api -> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/journal

done

/org/apache/directory/server/core/partition ./apacheds/core
/org/apache/directory/server/core/partition ./apacheds/core-api -> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/partition
/org/apache/directory/server/core/partition ./apacheds/ldif-partition -> /org/apache/directory/server/core/partition/impl
-> was test package, changed to /org/apache/directory/server/core/partition/ldif

done, good catch with the test package

/org/apache/directory/server/core/replication ./apacheds/core
/org/apache/directory/server/core/replication ./apacheds/core-api -> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/replication

Can't find this package, has this been moved before?

/org/apache/directory/server/core/schema ./apacheds/core
/org/apache/directory/server/core/schema ./apacheds/core-api -> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/schema

done, but the classes in that package should be reviews and eventually moved to apacheds-core

/org/apache/directory/server/core/schema ./apacheds/jdbm-partition -> /org/apache/directory/server/core/schema/jdbm

Moved PartitionSchemaLoaderTest from jdbm-partition to core-integ as described in a TODO within that class, removed the package.

-> All packages(source and test) under apacheds-api is moved into org/apache/directory/server/core/api package

Do you mean you renamed all packages even those that are not conflicting? I didn't renamed those in the first step but I agree that it makes sense to do so. However before that we should review if those packages belong to the "api" module. The remaining packages are
- org.apache.directory.server.core.administrative
- org.apache.directory.server.core.entry
- org.apache.directory.server.core.filtering
- org.apache.directory.server.core.invocation
- org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.registries.synchronizers

-> DefaultPartitionNexus class is moved from apacheds-core to apacheds-core-api to defeat cyclic builds

That was not required, there were just unused imports that I deleted.

When I run the test I saw that LdapConnectionFactory (in shared-ldap-client-api) has a method getCoreSessionConnection() the creates an instance of LdapCoreSessionConnection via reflection. IMO this should be moved to some ApacheDS module.

Committed so far.

This is not a conflict (test) :
/org/apache/directory/server/kerberos/kdc ./apacheds/kerberos-test
/org/apache/directory/server/kerberos/kdc ./apacheds/protocol-kerberos
/org/apache/directory/server/kerberos/protocol ./apacheds/kerberos-codec -> /org/apache/directory/server/kerberos/protocol/codec
-> changed as suggested
/org/apache/directory/server/kerberos/protocol ./apacheds/protocol-kerberos

done

/org/apache/directory/server/ldap/handlers/extended ./apacheds/protocol-ldap
/org/apache/directory/server/ldap/handlers/extended ./apacheds/server-tools -> /org/apache/directory/server/ldap/handlers/extended/tools
-> server-tools project was out of the build. left untouched
/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/osgi ./shared/ldap/codec/core
/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/osgi ./shared/ldap/codec/standalone -> /org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/osgi/standalone
-> was test package, changed as suggested

Renamed to /org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/standalone, same as the main package. But the only test  there (AbstractCodecServiceTest) is abstract and there is no subclass so makes not really sense to keep that class or can we create another real test?

Also deleted package org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.codec.controls and class OpaqueControlTest as the same test is already in shared-ldap-model.

/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/osgi ./shared/ldap/extras/codec -> /org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/osgi/extras
-> was test package, changed as suggested

Renamed to /org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/extras, same as the main package name.
Made DefaultLdapCodecService() constructor public.

/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/extras/controls/ppolicy ./shared/ldap/extras/codec
/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/extras/controls/ppolicy ./shared/ldap/extras/codec-api -> /org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/extras/controls/ppolicy/api

Rather renamed the package in shared/ldap/extras/codec -> /org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/extras/controls/ppolicy_impl to be consistent with the other package names in that module.

I hope that's all, except the remaining package names in core-api. If I forgot something please ping me.

Kind Regards,
Stefan