Hi Emmanuel,

I'm doing some experiments on DS. I saw some problems on our way. Before diving deeper i must consult you about somethings.

I'm changing the way we deal with schema elements(LdapComparator,Normalizer,SyntaxChecker) so that they will be pluggable. Schema manager tries to classload them that's where i'm going to change. I'll make SchemaManager get them through OSGI, but while i change the core parts, there are lots of place on the code that use them as tool(Tests espacially). And once the class is manipulated with IPojo, it is not so easy to instantiate it through normal ways. Before solving that topic i must know what do you think about below issues:

1- Tests are using them heavily. So changing the way we load them will broke these unit tests. So we must change them to be OSGI compatible. I'm talking aside from OSGI integration tests. These changes will make these unit tests unable to run without OSGI.(Pax-Exam will be used most probably)

2- Because more than one instances of the ApacheDS may be launched inside same JVM. We must either provide same copies of these schema elements to all instances or we must create separate ones for each one. They are separated between instances at that moment because of the class load approach, but as far as i see no context information is kept in those elements. So we can share them between ApacheDS instances. What do you think?

3- How Studio is interacting with that elements. This is the most important question actually. Because these elements are in shared, every main change will affect Studio too. For what purposes these elements are being used by Studio?

Regards,
Gokturk