On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 11:55 PM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:

On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 9:02 PM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:
On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Göktürk Gezer <gokturk.gezer@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I attached a patch that solves these package conflicts. But i'm still unsure about working on trunk.Package renamings are something hard to describe as diff. Right now, this diff zeroes the old package contents, add new ones and modify other parts of code to use new packages. i can also create a script to make your local copy consistent after patch, and then you can commit like that. So, guide me to the correct way of doing it.

Here is a change list:

/org/apache/directory/server ./apacheds/http-directory-bridge
-> changed to /org/apache/directory/server/bridge/http

done

/org/apache/directory/server ./apacheds/service

/org/apache/directory/server ./apacheds/wrapper -> /org/apache/directory/server/wrapper
-> changed as suggested

done
also changed reference to ApacheDsTanukiWrapper in installers-maven-plugin/src/main/resources/org/apache/directory/server/installers/wrapper-installation.conf

/org/apache/directory/server/config ./apacheds/server-config
/org/apache/directory/server/config ./apacheds/service-builder -> /org/apache/directory/server/config/builder

done

I committed the previous changes. The next changes are a bit more tricky as those guys are also used in Studio.

/org/apache/directory/server/core ./apacheds/core
/org/apache/directory/server/core ./apacheds/core-api -> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api

done
Made CacheService constructor public. Should this class be moved to apacheds-core?
i found no beneficial usage for it on apacheds-core-api.

/org/apache/directory/server/core/changelog ./apacheds/core
/org/apache/directory/server/core/changelog ./apacheds/core-api -> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/changelog

done

/org/apache/directory/server/core/event ./apacheds/core
/org/apache/directory/server/core/event ./apacheds/core-api -> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/event

done
Made RegistrationEntry constructor and method public.
I was cautios about contructor visibilities, but they're necessary. I hope they're not meant to be privite.

/org/apache/directory/server/core/interceptor ./apacheds/core
/org/apache/directory/server/core/interceptor ./apacheds/core-api -> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/interceptor

done, including interceptor.context package

/org/apache/directory/server/core/journal ./apacheds/core
/org/apache/directory/server/core/journal ./apacheds/core-api -> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/journal

done

/org/apache/directory/server/core/partition ./apacheds/core
/org/apache/directory/server/core/partition ./apacheds/core-api -> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/partition
/org/apache/directory/server/core/partition ./apacheds/ldif-partition -> /org/apache/directory/server/core/partition/impl
-> was test package, changed to /org/apache/directory/server/core/partition/ldif

done, good catch with the test package

/org/apache/directory/server/core/replication ./apacheds/core
/org/apache/directory/server/core/replication ./apacheds/core-api -> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/replication

Can't find this package, has this been moved before?
Yes i guess, i couldn't find it too.

/org/apache/directory/server/core/schema ./apacheds/core
/org/apache/directory/server/core/schema ./apacheds/core-api -> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/schema

done, but the classes in that package should be reviews and eventually moved to apacheds-core

/org/apache/directory/server/core/schema ./apacheds/jdbm-partition -> /org/apache/directory/server/core/schema/jdbm

Moved PartitionSchemaLoaderTest from jdbm-partition to core-integ as described in a TODO within that class, removed the package.

-> All packages(source and test) under apacheds-api is moved into org/apache/directory/server/core/api package

Do you mean you renamed all packages even those that are not conflicting? I didn't renamed those in the first step but I agree that it makes sense to do so. However before that we should review if those packages belong to the "api" module. The remaining packages are
- org.apache.directory.server.core.administrative
- org.apache.directory.server.core.entry
- org.apache.directory.server.core.filtering
- org.apache.directory.server.core.invocation
- org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.registries.synchronizers

Yes i renamed all even if they're not conflicting. It seems neater to me.

-> DefaultPartitionNexus class is moved from apacheds-core to apacheds-core-api to defeat cyclic builds

That was not required, there were just unused imports that I deleted.
Yeah, that's better. I didn't look closely at how it's used in core-api.

When I run the test I saw that LdapConnectionFactory (in shared-ldap-client-api) has a method getCoreSessionConnection() the creates an instance of LdapCoreSessionConnection via reflection. IMO this should be moved to some ApacheDS module.
I handled that by just renaming that package name to its new name. This class is being heavily used by ApacheDS modules for testing, having it in some ApacheDS module means more.

Committed so far.

Thanks.

This is not a conflict (test) :
/org/apache/directory/server/kerberos/kdc ./apacheds/kerberos-test
/org/apache/directory/server/kerberos/kdc ./apacheds/protocol-kerberos
/org/apache/directory/server/kerberos/protocol ./apacheds/kerberos-codec -> /org/apache/directory/server/kerberos/protocol/codec
-> changed as suggested
/org/apache/directory/server/kerberos/protocol ./apacheds/protocol-kerberos
/org/apache/directory/server/ldap/handlers/extended ./apacheds/protocol-ldap
/org/apache/directory/server/ldap/handlers/extended ./apacheds/server-tools -> /org/apache/directory/server/ldap/handlers/extended/tools
-> server-tools project was out of the build. left untouched
/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/osgi ./shared/ldap/codec/core
/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/osgi ./shared/ldap/codec/standalone -> /org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/osgi/standalone
-> was test package, changed as suggested
/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/osgi ./shared/ldap/extras/codec -> /org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/osgi/extras
-> was test package, changed as suggested
/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/extras/controls/ppolicy ./shared/ldap/extras/codec
/org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/extras/controls/ppolicy ./shared/ldap/extras/codec-api -> /org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/extras/controls/ppolicy/api
-> changed as suggested

Regards,
Gokturk

Regards,