On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 5:43 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi guys,

a few months ago, I tried to get rid of reverse index, but the effort was doomed, as I discovered that we really badly needed them in some cases (like the sub-level or one-level index).

If we get rid of one-level/sub-level index, then I do think we don't anymore need the reverse index.

I still have to think a bit more about the alias index, and the impact on the code if we remove the reverse index.

Just wanted to bring some light on this matter again.

Note : removing the reverse index will lead to a major speed improvement in additions or modifications, as we will only have one table to update, instead of two...

Absolutely. It will almost double performance without caching.

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex