On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 7:02 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
Hi Göktürk,

On 17 oct. 2011, at 17:57, Göktürk Gezer wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 6:52 PM, Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org> wrote:
thanks Gokturk for the details, have another q. what will happen if I
try to run the server in another OSGi runtime? will the server still
start its own
OSGi runtime?

I just embedded Felix as debug platform. Custumization i've done on Felix is only configuration and management details. By deploying the same set of bundles into another Framework, you can make it run on it too.

In the end, we'll probably need to update the way we start the server in the 'apacheds-service' project and start Felix or Karaf there.

Exactly! Here instead of running it as a standalone application from the shell we will launch Karaf (better) or Felix with ApacheDS feature.
--
Best Regards,
-- Alex