Hi Göktürk,

On 17 oct. 2011, at 17:57, Göktürk Gezer wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 6:52 PM, Kiran Ayyagari <kayyagari@apache.org> wrote:
thanks Gokturk for the details, have another q. what will happen if I
try to run the server in another OSGi runtime? will the server still
start its own
OSGi runtime?

I just embedded Felix as debug platform. Custumization i've done on Felix is only configuration and management details. By deploying the same set of bundles into another Framework, you can make it run on it too.

In the end, we'll probably need to update the way we start the server in the 'apacheds-service' project and start Felix or Karaf there.

For that purpose we can also create a project that only copies all artifacts and dependencies into some directory.

Indeed, that's a thing we'll to build and distribute aside the existing ApacheDS installers.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Regards,
Gokturk