directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SubLevel index : is it useful ?
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 19:35:21 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 1:44 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> I may be a bit rusty, but AFAICT, we got rid of the oneLevel index, as we
> can use the Rdn index to do the same job.

No, not yet, see below.

> I question the need of the subLevel index now : can't we use the RDN index
> for the very same purpose ? IMO, but I may be wrong, it would be just a
> matter of adding some extra information in the RDN index (ie, the number of
> descendant for each entry) and to define a cursor that do a recursive
> descent into the RDN index.

Yes, I'm sure that is possible and that is what I did for the HBase
partition. But its not done yet. I started a branch [1] to experiment
with it but don't have time to continue. Feel free to pick up the
changes there or start a new refactoring.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/branches/one-sub-level-index-removal/