directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ADS 2.0] OSGi : solving package conflicts
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2011 20:55:43 GMT
On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 9:02 PM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Göktürk Gezer <gokturk.gezer@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I attached a patch that solves these package conflicts. But i'm still
>> unsure about working on trunk.Package renamings are something hard to
>> describe as diff. Right now, this diff zeroes the old package contents, add
>> new ones and modify other parts of code to use new packages. i can also
>> create a script to make your local copy consistent after patch, and then you
>> can commit like that. So, guide me to the correct way of doing it.
>>
>> Here is a change list:
>>
>> /org/apache/directory/server ./apacheds/http-directory-bridge
>> -> changed to /org/apache/directory/server/bridge/http
>>

> done
>

>> /org/apache/directory/server ./apacheds/service
>>
>> /org/apache/directory/server ./apacheds/wrapper ->
>> /org/apache/directory/server/wrapper
>> -> changed as suggested
>>

> done
> also changed reference to ApacheDsTanukiWrapper in
> installers-maven-plugin/src/main/resources/org/apache/directory/server/installers/wrapper-installation.conf
>

>> /org/apache/directory/server/config ./apacheds/server-config
>> /org/apache/directory/server/config ./apacheds/service-builder ->
>> /org/apache/directory/server/config/builder
>>

> done
>
> I committed the previous changes. The next changes are a bit more tricky as
> those guys are also used in Studio.
>

>> /org/apache/directory/server/core ./apacheds/core
>> /org/apache/directory/server/core ./apacheds/core-api ->
>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api

done
Made CacheService constructor public. Should this class be moved to
apacheds-core?

>  /org/apache/directory/server/core/changelog ./apacheds/core
>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/changelog ./apacheds/core-api ->
>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/changelog

done

/org/apache/directory/server/core/event ./apacheds/core
>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/event ./apacheds/core-api ->
>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/event

done
Made RegistrationEntry constructor and method public.

> /org/apache/directory/server/core/interceptor ./apacheds/core
>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/interceptor ./apacheds/core-api ->
>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/interceptor

done, including interceptor.context package

> /org/apache/directory/server/core/journal ./apacheds/core
>>
>  /org/apache/directory/server/core/journal ./apacheds/core-api ->
>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/journal

done

 /org/apache/directory/server/core/partition ./apacheds/core
>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/partition ./apacheds/core-api ->
>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/partition
>>
> /org/apache/directory/server/core/partition ./apacheds/ldif-partition ->
>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/partition/impl
>> -> was test package, changed to
>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/partition/ldif

done, good catch with the test package

/org/apache/directory/server/core/replication ./apacheds/core
>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/replication ./apacheds/core-api ->
>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/replication

Can't find this package, has this been moved before?

 /org/apache/directory/server/core/schema ./apacheds/core
>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/schema ./apacheds/core-api ->
>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/schema

done, but the classes in that package should be reviews and eventually moved
to apacheds-core

/org/apache/directory/server/core/schema ./apacheds/jdbm-partition ->
>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/schema/jdbm

Moved PartitionSchemaLoaderTest from jdbm-partition to core-integ as
described in a TODO within that class, removed the package.

-> All packages(source and test) under apacheds-api is moved into
>> org/apache/directory/server/core/api package

Do you mean you renamed all packages even those that are not conflicting? I
didn't renamed those in the first step but I agree that it makes sense to do
so. However before that we should review if those packages belong to the
"api" module. The remaining packages are
- org.apache.directory.server.core.administrative
- org.apache.directory.server.core.entry
- org.apache.directory.server.core.filtering
- org.apache.directory.server.core.invocation
- org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.registries.synchronizers

>  -> DefaultPartitionNexus class is moved from apacheds-core to
>> apacheds-core-api to defeat cyclic builds

That was not required, there were just unused imports that I deleted.

When I run the test I saw that LdapConnectionFactory (in
shared-ldap-client-api) has a method getCoreSessionConnection() the creates
an instance of LdapCoreSessionConnection via reflection. IMO this should be
moved to some ApacheDS module.

Committed so far.