directory-dev mailing list archives

From Göktürk Gezer <gokturk.ge...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ADS 2.0] OSGi : solving package conflicts
Date Sun, 09 Oct 2011 21:30:29 GMT
On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 11:55 PM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org>wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 9:02 PM, Stefan Seelmann <seelmann@apache.org>wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 5:12 PM, Göktürk Gezer <gokturk.gezer@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I attached a patch that solves these package conflicts. But i'm still
>>> unsure about working on trunk.Package renamings are something hard to
>>> describe as diff. Right now, this diff zeroes the old package contents, add
>>> new ones and modify other parts of code to use new packages. i can also
>>> create a script to make your local copy consistent after patch, and then you
>>> can commit like that. So, guide me to the correct way of doing it.
>>>
>>> Here is a change list:
>>>
>>> /org/apache/directory/server ./apacheds/http-directory-bridge
>>> -> changed to /org/apache/directory/server/bridge/http
>>>

>> done
>>

>>> /org/apache/directory/server ./apacheds/service
>>>
>>> /org/apache/directory/server ./apacheds/wrapper ->
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/wrapper
>>> -> changed as suggested
>>>

>> done
>> also changed reference to ApacheDsTanukiWrapper in
>> installers-maven-plugin/src/main/resources/org/apache/directory/server/installers/wrapper-installation.conf
>>

>>> /org/apache/directory/server/config ./apacheds/server-config
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/config ./apacheds/service-builder ->
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/config/builder
>>>

>> done
>>
>> I committed the previous changes. The next changes are a bit more tricky
>> as those guys are also used in Studio.
>>

>>> /org/apache/directory/server/core ./apacheds/core
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/core ./apacheds/core-api ->
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api
>>>

> done
> Made CacheService constructor public. Should this class be moved to
> apacheds-core?

i found no beneficial usage for it on apacheds-core-api.

>>  /org/apache/directory/server/core/changelog ./apacheds/core
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/changelog ./apacheds/core-api ->
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/changelog
>>>

> done
>
> /org/apache/directory/server/core/event ./apacheds/core
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/event ./apacheds/core-api ->
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/event
>>>

> done
> Made RegistrationEntry constructor and method public.

I was cautios about contructor visibilities, but they're necessary. I hope
they're not meant to be privite.

>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/interceptor ./apacheds/core
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/interceptor ./apacheds/core-api ->
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/interceptor
>>>

> done, including interceptor.context package
>

>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/journal ./apacheds/core
>>>
>>  /org/apache/directory/server/core/journal ./apacheds/core-api ->
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/journal
>>>

> done
>
>  /org/apache/directory/server/core/partition ./apacheds/core
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/partition ./apacheds/core-api ->
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/partition
>>>
>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/partition ./apacheds/ldif-partition ->
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/partition/impl
>>> -> was test package, changed to
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/partition/ldif
>>>

> done, good catch with the test package
>
> /org/apache/directory/server/core/replication ./apacheds/core
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/replication ./apacheds/core-api ->
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/replication
>>>

> Can't find this package, has this been moved before?

Yes i guess, i couldn't find it too.

>  /org/apache/directory/server/core/schema ./apacheds/core
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/schema ./apacheds/core-api ->
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/api/schema
>>>

> done, but the classes in that package should be reviews and eventually
> moved to apacheds-core
>
> /org/apache/directory/server/core/schema ./apacheds/jdbm-partition ->
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/core/schema/jdbm
>>>

> Moved PartitionSchemaLoaderTest from jdbm-partition to core-integ as
> described in a TODO within that class, removed the package.
>

> -> All packages(source and test) under apacheds-api is moved into
>>> org/apache/directory/server/core/api package
>>>

> Do you mean you renamed all packages even those that are not conflicting? I
> didn't renamed those in the first step but I agree that it makes sense to do
> so. However before that we should review if those packages belong to the
> "api" module. The remaining packages are
> - org.apache.directory.server.core.administrative
> - org.apache.directory.server.core.entry
> - org.apache.directory.server.core.filtering
> - org.apache.directory.server.core.invocation
> - org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.registries.synchronizers

Yes i renamed all even if they're not conflicting. It seems neater to me.

>>  -> DefaultPartitionNexus class is moved from apacheds-core to
>>> apacheds-core-api to defeat cyclic builds
>>>

> That was not required, there were just unused imports that I deleted.

Yeah, that's better. I didn't look closely at how it's used in core-api.

> When I run the test I saw that LdapConnectionFactory (in
> shared-ldap-client-api) has a method getCoreSessionConnection() the creates
> an instance of LdapCoreSessionConnection via reflection. IMO this should be
> moved to some ApacheDS module.

I handled that by just renaming that package name to its new name. This
class is being heavily used by ApacheDS modules for testing, having it in
some ApacheDS module means more.

> Committed so far.

Thanks.

>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> This is not a conflict (test) :
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/kerberos/kdc ./apacheds/kerberos-test
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/kerberos/kdc ./apacheds/protocol-kerberos
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/kerberos/protocol ./apacheds/kerberos-codec
>>> -> /org/apache/directory/server/kerberos/protocol/codec
>>> -> changed as suggested
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/kerberos/protocol
>>> ./apacheds/protocol-kerberos
>>>
>>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>  /org/apache/directory/server/ldap/handlers/extended
>>> ./apacheds/protocol-ldap
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/ldap/handlers/extended
>>> ./apacheds/server-tools ->
>>> /org/apache/directory/server/ldap/handlers/extended/tools
>>> -> server-tools project was out of the build. left untouched
>>>
>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>  /org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/osgi ./shared/ldap/codec/core
>>> /org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/osgi
>>> ./shared/ldap/codec/standalone ->
>>> /org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/osgi/standalone
>>> -> was test package, changed as suggested
>>> /org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/osgi ./shared/ldap/extras/codec
>>> -> /org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/codec/osgi/extras
>>> -> was test package, changed as suggested
>>>
>>> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> /org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/extras/controls/ppolicy
>>> ./shared/ldap/extras/codec
>>> /org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/extras/controls/ppolicy
>>> ./shared/ldap/extras/codec-api ->
>>> /org/apache/directory/shared/ldap/extras/controls/ppolicy/api
>>> -> changed as suggested
>>>
>>>  Regards,
>>> Gokturk

Regards,