directory-dev mailing list archives

From Göktürk Gezer <>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS 2.0] OSGI, Implementing modularity
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2011 14:57:24 GMT

All necessary project poms are modified to generate OSGI headers. Diff is

Both apacheds and shared modules are changed in a way that they export all
of their local packages with corresponding parent's version number. I didn't
specified "Private-Package" for any  at that time, because its nonsense for
now. We can specify them after finishing our OSGI stuff.

As next step i will try to implement new apacheds-service-osgi project which
will contain necessary eclipse descriptors to launch and debug ApacheDS on
Felix Framework in Eclipse. I will most probably implement OSGI version of
the service-builder for that purpose.

Then custom karaf distribution will be added.

Soon after these goals, we'll be able to implement Service Layer, and play
with it easily.

View raw message