directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ADS 2.0] OSGi, interceptors : status
Date Sat, 15 Oct 2011 09:23:45 GMT
First off a great effort ... thanks Emmanuel.  More inline ...

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 7:36 PM, Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecharny@apache.org>wrote:

> Ok, as of today, I have a working trunk (all tests passing).
>
> The main modifications are :
> - I had to create a core-shared project in order to avoid cyclic
> dependencies between interceptors and core. Currently, interceptors depend
> on core-shared, and core depends on all the interceptors plus core-shared.

This might eventually go away with further refactoring which removes
interceptor coupling.

> The things we should do :
> - we still have interceptors depending on other interceptors. This is not
> good, and I will try to get rid of those dependencies

There are some cases where we have data structures that are members of
Interceptors where they should really be first class data structures that
are members of the DirectoryService. For example in the SubentryInterceptor
there are data structures that should be part of the directory service but
are embedded inside the interceptor making other interceptors have to depend
on the SubentryInterceptor.

To fix these kinds of problems a new first class service (i.e.
SubtreeService) can be introduced under the DirectoryService which also
happens to have a SubentryInterceptor that acts as an interception helper.
However other Interceptors ask this service for information to perform their
tasks instead of having a direct handle on the SubentryInterceptor itself.

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex