directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [Txns] Log implementation issues
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 16:01:30 GMT
Hi,

it seems there is an issue in the way he Log is dealing with data
spanning over multiple files : if the lat buffer is nt written to the
disk, for instance if we don't flush every time we log, then the inner
buffer is never written to disk. Scanning the entries will then never
read the last logs we injected into the logger.

I have added a LogTest test to demonstrate the problem (the test will
pass, because I have added a assertEquals that won't dail at the end).

We should add a sync() method to the Log interface, allowing a user to
flush the inner buffer to disk. Currently, the only option is to flush
when we do a log(), which is not very convenient when writing small
pieces of data.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,