directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TXN work update
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2011 15:26:23 GMT
On 10/20/11 3:24 PM, Selcuk AYA wrote:
> Continuing the previous incomplete email:)
> Emmanuel wants to update the txns branch and I think it is a good time
> to give a good status update. Following is what I have been doing and
> the plan:
>
> *Log Manager: A general log manager that can be used by txns as well.
> Note that these logs are on disk. This is tested.

I reviewed the LogManager (and the associated classes) this week-end and
today. I committed a few fixes, no big errors. I have a few comments,
not all of them are mandatory, some of them are suggestions :

o Rename the Log class to TransactionLog, to avoid any confusion with
the ChangeLog. Same for LogManager, LogFileManager, LogFlushManager.
o The methods in an Interface don't need to be declared as public : they
already are.
o Don't forget to apply the ADS formatter : 2 lines between each
methods, a newline before a return, etc…
o Don't add 'this.' when not necessary.
o Always use { and } when writing a if/for/while/do
o Try to avoid inner classes, except to hide the inner class behavior
o Don't declare an interface into another one
o LogFileManager should be moved to core-api
o LogScannerInterval should be moved to core-api
o The LogFileRecords class might better be an interface ?
o fields in classes must be private or protected
o Transaction should be moved to core-api
o TxnManagerInternal should be moved to core-api
o Arrays are always initialized to the default init value of their
components (ie, 0x00 for bytes) : no need to initialize them

Many of this points may be discussed further.

Otherwise, I'll continue to explore the code base to understand how it
works.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,