directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [API] Experimenting OSGI fragments to solve the extensibility issue
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 06:10:00 GMT
On 10/20/11 3:48 AM, Göktürk Gezer wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,Pierre
>
> I just attached my current work on Comparators to #DIRSERVER-1672. So here
> is the explanation of how it works and how we can improve.
>
> Because both issues i asked are ambigious. I decided to keep them both. I
> mean Comparators are not shared and their OID is also assignable.

Just some insight about why Compartor's OID can be assigned : they are
associated with the MatchingRules, which have a unique OID. But the
thing is that a Comparator can be used by more than one MatchingRule. In
this case, the Comparator will inherit its OID from the MatchingRule it
is associated with.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,