directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject OSGI and Interface vs classes separation
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 12:59:35 GMT
Hi,

today, I did a bit of cleanup in core-api and core-shared, moving what I
have put in core-shared to core-api (most of the moved classes were
associated with interceptors), and now, it raises a question :
- what should we do with core ?

It's almost empty, only containing a few implementations (4 classes
currently).

I remember that Alex has split core into core and core-api, to move all
the interfaces into core-api and the implementation in core, and I guess
it was to ease the OSGi implementation in the near future (AFAIR).

When I read about OSGi, it says that we should separate interfaces from
implementations, and I buy this idea to some extent. I can understand
that we should bundle all the public API in a separate bundle.

Now, the pb I have is that we have a bunch of classes in core-api, plus
28 interfaces. Why should we have all those classes in core-api then,
instead of having only interfaces ?

What would be the best solution, OSGi-wise ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,