directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Lookup operation performance with the modified JDBM
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 06:35:46 GMT
Hi guys,

I have done some profiling to see why we get a really slower processing
of operations like lookup or search with the new JDBM code base : we
always copy the value we get back from the JDBM partition, which means
we deserialize entries or dns.

Deserializing is an awfully costly operation. The result is that we get
a 7 times slower lookup (5000/s against 35000/s before) doing a copy for
each entry we return.

I have no idea if we can avoid doing such a copy, I just wanted to know
where we were spending time for such an operation.

--
Regards,
Cordialement,