directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel L├ęcharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ADS 2.0] OSGi, interceptors : status
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 16:36:57 GMT
Ok, as of today, I have a working trunk (all tests passing).

The main modifications are :
- we have one sub-project under apacheds, 'interceptors', which is the
root for all the interceptors. It's a pom
- each interceptor is under this sub-project, and currently produce a jar
- I had to create a core-shared project in order to avoid cyclic
dependencies between interceptors and core. Currently, interceptors
depend on core-shared, and core depends on all the interceptors plus
core-shared.
- I had to replace the XXX.class.getName() (where XXX is an interceptor
name) by the direct interceptor name in the ByPass collections. This has
a direct impact : we now name interceptors using their simple name (ie,
without the package). This is not good, but this is just temporary
- I also had to register the SimpleName for interceptors all over the
code (not that many refs, though)

The things we should do :
- we still have interceptors depending on other interceptors. This is
not good, and I will try to get rid of those dependencies
- we must find a way to manage the chain by using an abstract name, not
the Interceptor class name. Same for byPasses.

The worst part of the work was surprisingly not the decoupling, but the
pom.xml modifications...

I will commit my current changes, be ready for many modifications.

Thanks !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,