directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Removal of reverse index, take 2
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 14:43:06 GMT
Hi guys,

a few months ago, I tried to get rid of reverse index, but the effort
was doomed, as I discovered that we really badly needed them in some
cases (like the sub-level or one-level index).

If we get rid of one-level/sub-level index, then I do think we don't
anymore need the reverse index.

I still have to think a bit more about the alias index, and the impact
on the code if we remove the reverse index.

Just wanted to bring some light on this matter again.

Note : removing the reverse index will lead to a major speed improvement
in additions or modifications, as we will only have one table to update,
instead of two...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,