directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS 2.0] OSGI, Implementing modularity
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 12:13:04 GMT
On 10/11/11 5:27 PM, Göktürk Gezer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I bundelized all submodules of apacheds and shared properly. Temporarily
> pushed all dependencies into a new bundle and serving them from it.
>
> Unfortunately. the first problem arised. Interceptors are hardcoded into
> config.ldif file, and being load using reflection.
Yeah, we need to bundlezie them. That means create new projects for each
of them. Not really a big trouble though.

We will have more of such issues, for instance for schema elements.

> So OSGIfication broke
> that connection. I'm gonna handle that by using OSGI services (IPojo
> Components). So maybe we have to go parallel with both modularity and
> service interactions. If you have any new design idea for interceptors as
> first, just put it here and i'll deploy it too.

Se above. Not sure if we can do better.

> That kind of problems are likely to happen as we progress, so we must go
> into private branch for whole process.

That's an option. But we can also do that in the trunk, controlling that
the build is never broken as we change things. This is what Alex did
when h reorganized the code earlier this year. The only thing we have to
take care about is that we don't do big modifications aside.

The problem in doing all those big structural modifications in a branch
is taht it will be *very* painful to merge the branch back into trunk
later :/

--
Regards,
Cordialement,