directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Back from LdapCON 2011
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 16:32:34 GMT
Hi guys,

I'm back from LdapCON, it was really very interesting.

Some major announcements have been done their, and a few presentation
were really interesting.
OpenLDAP MDB backend is something worthful reading. Some of the paper
are available on http://people.apache.org/~elecharny/, I think all the
others will be available soon.

I will update the web site with the tests I wrote to demonstrate how to
test an LDAP application.

Otherwise, we have had some convos with Selcuk about MDB and our MVCC
implementation those last days, it seems that we will have something
very similar soon. The good point is that we will have a global
transaction manager on top of all the partitions, when OpenLDAP does
have one per backend. That will certainly be useful when we will support
cross-partitions operations, something we don't allow right now. Many
other aspects still have to be discussed, but Im confident we will have
something good enough soon.

Otherwise, I saw that a lot of modifications have been done in the OSGi
area, thanks to Göktürk and Stefan. That's really sounds good too.

I'll be back to office tomorrow, tonite, I'll take a night off :)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,