directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject RDN index, oneLevel and sublevel index merge
Date Sat, 08 Oct 2011 06:27:45 GMT
Hi guys,

Stefan started to modify the code to get rid of the oneLevel and
subLevel index, which are more or less useless as we already have the
hierarchy stored into the rdn index.

However, this rdn index is not good enough as is to be use as a
replacement for the two other indexes. Its structure forbid us to easily
retrieve the children from a known entry.

The current RDN index structure is :
<parentId, RDN> -> Entry ID

The key is a tuple containing the parent ID to be able to rebuild the DN.

The reverse index is :
Entry ID -> <parentId, RDN>

We don't have duplicated values.

Now, when we have an entry ID, there is no simple way to get the list of
all the children for this entry.

We will have to add a third index to deal with such searches :
ParentId -> <entryId, ....>

which will list all the children of a specific entry.

I'm going to investigate around this idea i the next few days.

Thoughts ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,