directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [ADS 2.0] OSGi
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2011 16:01:33 GMT
Hi guys,

we have had some plan to make ADS OSGi compliant for 2.0. I think it's
time to move forward.

Right now, we have reorganized shared in order to make it somehow OSGi
compliant (well, at least the bare minimum has been done), but it's not
enough. And on the server side, we have almost everything to do.

We have three aspects to consider :
- modularization
- lifecycle
- services

The very first step is to create modules. That means we must be sure we
don't have conflicting packages (we have a few in the server). In order
to do that, we must identify the different modules.
I suggest we first focus on this aspect atm, because it will shake the
code a lot.

As I'm not (yet :) and OSGi expert, please feel free to push any ideas
you have about a decent roadmap to get this done.

Thanks !

--
Regards,
Cordialement,