directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <>
Subject Uncheck file operations
Date Sat, 01 Oct 2011 14:32:21 GMT

ApacheDs and probably also Shared has in many locations file operations
like File.[delete|mkdir|...] where the return value (true|false) is
unchecked. In Java-1.7 exists static methods for this in
java.nio.file.Files [1] where an IOException is thrown if the operation
fails, in < Java-1.7 a SecurityException is thrown only in some special
cases and in all other cases the return value is 'false' and no
Exception is thrown [2]. IMO we should check the return value of these
operations and throw an IOException if the file/directory couldn't be
created/delete/renamed ...
If wanted I'll create a JIRA and go for it.

View raw message