directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Back from LdapCON 2011
Date Thu, 13 Oct 2011 16:32:28 GMT

On 12 oct. 2011, at 18:32, Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'm back from LdapCON, it was really very interesting.

+1.

http://people.apache.org/~elecharny/, I think all the others will be available soon.

> I will update the web site with the tests I wrote to demonstrate how to test an LDAP
application.

I will also add my slides about a preview of Apache Directory Studio 2.0 (including the LDAP
API).

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

> Otherwise, we have had some convos with Selcuk about MDB and our MVCC implementation
those last days, it seems that we will have something very similar soon. The good point is
that we will have a global transaction manager on top of all the partitions, when OpenLDAP
does have one per backend. That will certainly be useful when we will support cross-partitions
operations, something we don't allow right now. Many other aspects still have to be discussed,
but Im confident we will have something good enough soon.

> Otherwise, I saw that a lot of modifications have been done in the OSGi area, thanks
to Göktürk and Stefan. That's really sounds good too.