directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Deploy apacheds in karaf and connect to it via apache directory studio
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 10:58:41 GMT
Hi Christoph,

Which bundle are you talking about exactly?

I'm asking this because, at this time, we have not done any work to move ApacheDS to OSGI.
This is one of the tasks we're expecting tp do in a next milestone for the 2.0 release.

At the moment only the Shared/LDAP API jars are constructed and work as bundles.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

On 20 sept. 2011, at 12:52, Christoph Czurda wrote:

> On 09/20/2011 07:12 AM, Alex Karasulu wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Christoph Czurda
>> <hasnoadditives@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> As already suggested by others on your mailing list, I would also be
>>> interested in deploying apacheds in karaf. So far I have been able to
>>> install the osgi feature, that is, I have the apacheds bundle in active
>>> state. Next, I wanted to see if this is sufficient to connect to the server
>>> using apache directory studio. It seems not. The bundle being active doesn't
>>> mean that the server is running and listening for connections, does it?
>>>
>>> What would be necessary to connect to the server?
>> Could u elaborate a bit more on how you configured ApacheDS in Karaf.
>> There's not enough information here to have traction for trouble
>> shooting your problem. First off can you telnet to the LDAP port ...
>> meaning establish a TCP connection, and which port exactly did you
>> configure the LDAP listener on? Many questions requiring more
>> information on how you configured ApacheDS to start in Karaf.
>>
> So far I did not configure anything at all. In Karaf I simply installed the provided
features.xml found inside the osgi artifact (after adding a few missing dependencies). But
the bundle being active does not open any new host and port I could connect to.

> Maybe I asked the wrong question... How can I start the server in Karaf? Or more generally:
What does the OSGI bundle actually do?