directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <>
Subject Re: ApacheDS documentation: docbook vs. wiki syntax
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 21:25:49 GMT
On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <> wrote:
> On 19 sept. 2011, at 15:37, Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <> wrote:
>>> Hi Stefan,
>>> I generated the Docbook HTML and PDF output and it looks really really good...
>>> The syntax is the same we're already used to in Confluence (which allows a lot
of different styles) and the output looks perfect (like our Docbook-written Apache Directory
Studio documentation).
>>> On my side, it is a big *+1*.
>>> I really love this solution. Simple, easy and convenient for everyone.
>>> Do you know if it possible (and how) to link some text to another content (another
section, chapter or page for example)?
>> Hehe, I thought about that use case this morning in the tube. I don't
>> know yet but have to check if internal links work.
> It would be great if we can find a way to have those internal links, but we can definitively
live without them I guess.

I added some internal link examples. It quite easy, the pattern is
"#HeaderName". The only ugly thing is that links to other .confluence
files are marked as error, but the combined book.confluence file in
then works.

>>> Is the 'book.txt' file, the central file which defines all chapters? And, is
each .confluence file equivalent to a chapter? Also, would it be possible to split a chapter
into various .confluence files (in the case of a very very big chapter)?
>> Right, book.txt defines the order of chapters for the case that the
>> chapter files are not alphabetically ordered. And I think it is
>> possible to spilt the chapters, AFAIK the H1 header is transformed to
>> a chapter and H2..H6 headers are transformed to (sub-)sections.
> Oh, cool. I feared that chapters were based on the .confluence files. I didn't closely
look at the generated HTML.
> In that case, that's awesome. :)

I also added an example and splitted a chapter into sections and subsections.

Kind Regards,

View raw message