directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheDS documentation: docbook vs. wiki syntax
Date Mon, 19 Sep 2011 13:37:57 GMT
On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 3:20 PM, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> Hi Stefan,
>
> I generated the Docbook HTML and PDF output and it looks really really good...
>
> The syntax is the same we're already used to in Confluence (which allows a lot of different
styles) and the output looks perfect (like our Docbook-written Apache Directory Studio documentation).

> On my side, it is a big *+1*.
> I really love this solution. Simple, easy and convenient for everyone.
>
> Do you know if it possible (and how) to link some text to another content (another section,
chapter or page for example)?

Hehe, I thought about that use case this morning in the tube. I don't
know yet but have to check if internal links work.

> Is the 'book.txt' file, the central file which defines all chapters? And, is each .confluence
file equivalent to a chapter? Also, would it be possible to split a chapter into various .confluence
files (in the case of a very very big chapter)?

Right, book.txt defines the order of chapters for the case that the
chapter files are not alphabetically ordered. And I think it is
possible to spilt the chapters, AFAIK the H1 header is transformed to
a chapter and H2..H6 headers are transformed to (sub-)sections.

Kind Regards,
Stefan