directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Hamilton <khamil...@umem.org>
Subject Problem with Certificate Loading
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 15:03:21 GMT
Hello,

My name is Kevin Hamilton and I am currently attempting to set up
ApacheDS 2.0.0-M2 on a linux server.

When I try to set up SSL encryption, it claims that my certificate is
not valid, and prompts me to accept it or not. When I hit yes, it
allows me to log on to the LDAP.

However, when I try to connect via ldaps:// using PHP, it does not
connect to the server and gives an error that the certificate is not
valid.

I have a valid certificate from my website that seemingly would work
if I changed it.

I narrowed down the certificate location to the uid=admin,ou=system entry.

I click on certificate and load in my site's valid certificate. But
when I close out of Apache Directory Studio and come back in, it has
reverted back to the original certificate. Also, in the rare cases
where it hasn't reverted, the publickey/privatekey entries have not
updated, so it still fails.

How can I add my certificate to the server so it works well with php and ssl?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin