directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Deploy apacheds in karaf and connect to it via apache directory studio
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 05:12:04 GMT
On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 1:45 PM, Christoph Czurda
<hasnoadditives@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> As already suggested by others on your mailing list, I would also be
> interested in deploying apacheds in karaf. So far I have been able to
> install the osgi feature, that is, I have the apacheds bundle in active
> state. Next, I wanted to see if this is sufficient to connect to the server
> using apache directory studio. It seems not. The bundle being active doesn't
> mean that the server is running and listening for connections, does it?
>
> What would be necessary to connect to the server?

Could u elaborate a bit more on how you configured ApacheDS in Karaf.
There's not enough information here to have traction for trouble
shooting your problem. First off can you telnet to the LDAP port ...
meaning establish a TCP connection, and which port exactly did you
configure the LDAP listener on? Many questions requiring more
information on how you configured ApacheDS to start in Karaf.

--
Best Regards,
-- Alex